The Prohibited List
The Prohibited List is published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). It details all substances and methods that are prohibited or banned in sport, and is updated every year on January 1.
A substance or method may be included on the list if it meets any two of the following criteria:
- it has the potential to enhance sporting performance
- it presents an actual or potential health risk to the athlete
- it violates the spirit of sport.
- Tramadol is now banned in-competition.
- Blood plasma donation is now permitted in registered collection centres.
Even common medications can contain prohibited substances. That's why we encourage you to check every medication on Global DRO before using it. As an athlete, you're 100% responsible for anything found in your sample - so it's always best to play it safe.
Questions about common medications?
You can find information about common medications like asthma inhalers, cold and flu treatments or pain medication on our common medications page.